Last Updated: 24 June 2021
DEFINITIONS AND KEY TERMS
• Cookie: small amount of data generated by a website and saved by your web browser. It is used to identify your browser, provide analytics, remember information about you such as your language preference or login information.
• Country: where Mindspring Computing or the owners/founders of Mindspring Computing are based, in this case is South Africa
• Customer: refers to the company, organization or person that signs up to use the Mindspring Computing Service to manage the relationships with your consumers or service users.
• Device: any internet connected device such as a phone, tablet, computer or any other device that can be used to visit Mindspring Computing and use the services.
• IP address: Every device connected to the Internet is assigned a number known as an Internet protocol (IP) address.These numbers are usually assigned in geographic blocks. An IP address can often be used to identify the location from which a device is connecting to the Internet.
• Personnel: refers to those individuals who are employed by Mindspring Computing or are under contract to perform a service on behalf of one of the parties.
• Personal Data: any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information — including a personal identification number — allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
• Service: refers to the service provided by Mindspring Computing as described in the relative terms (if available) and on this platform.
• Third-party service: refers to advertisers, contest sponsors, promotional and marketing partners, and others who provide our content or whose products or services we think may interest you.
• Website: Mindspring Computing’s site, which can be accessed via this URL: https://www.mindspring.co.za/
• You: a person or entity that is registered with Mindspring Computing to use the Services.
INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the platform. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about who and when you use our and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our platform, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
If you are a Mindspring Computing worker or applicant, we collect information you voluntarily provide to us. We use the information collected for Human Resources purposes in order to administer benefits to workers and screen applicants.
SALE OF BUSINESS
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
BLOCKING AND DISABLING COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Wherever you're located you may also set your browser to block cookies and similar technologies, but this action may block our essential cookies and prevent our website from functioning properly, and you may not be able to fully utilize all of its features and services. You should also be aware that you may also lose some saved information (e.g. saved login details, site preferences) if you block cookies on your browser. Different browsers make different controls available to you. Disabling a cookie or category of cookie does not delete the cookie from your browser, you will need to do this yourself from within your browser, you should visit your browser's help menu for more information.
TYPES OF COOKIES
The following types of cookies may be used when you visit the Site, Mindspring Computing (https://www.mindspring.co.za/):
Analytics cookies monitor how users reached the Site, and how they interact with and move around once on the Site. These cookies let us know what features on the Site are working the best and what features on the Site can be improved.
Our cookies are “first-party cookies” and can be either permanent or temporary. These are necessary cookies, without which the Site will not work properly or be able to provide certain features and functionalities. Some of these may be manually disabled in your browser but may affect the functionality of the Site.
Personalization cookies are used to recognize repeat visitors to the Site. We use these cookies to record your browsing history, the pages you have visited, and your settings and preferences each time you visit the Site.
Security cookies help identify and prevent security risks. We use these cookies to authenticate users and protect user data from unauthorized parties.
Site Management Cookies
Site management cookies are used to maintain your identity or session on the Site so that you are not logged off unexpectedly, and any information you enter is retained from page to page. These cookies cannot be turned off individually, but you can disable all cookies in your browser.
CONTROL OF COOKIES
Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. However, you can remove or reject cookies in your browser’s settings. Please be aware that such action could affect the availability and functionality of the Site.
For more information on how to control cookies, check your browser or device’s settings for how you can control or reject cookies, or visit the following links:
In addition, you may opt-out of some third-party cookies through the Network Advertising Initiative’s Opt-Out Tool.
OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
In addition to cookies, we may use web beacons, pixel tags, and other tracking technologies on the Site to help customize the Site and improve your experience. A “web beacon” or “pixel tag” is tiny object or image embedded in a web page or email. They are used to track the number of users who have visited particular pages and viewed emails, and acquire other statistical data. They collect only a limited set of data, such as a cookie number, time and date of page or email view, and a description of the page or email on which they reside. Web beacons and pixel tags cannot be declined. However, you can limit their use by controlling the cookies that interact with them.
Company: Mindspring Computing Pty (Ltd)
Postal address: P.O. Box 46926, Glosderry, 7702
Street address: Unit 5, Melomed Office Park, 1 Punters Way, Kenilworth, Cape Town, 7708
Phone number: +27 21 657 1780
Fax number: +27 21 671 7599
Trading Hours: Monday to Friday - 08:00 - 17:00
Information Officer: Celento Saunders
Information Co-ordinator: Masonge Ngcaba
Email address of Information Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email address of Information Co-ordinator: email@example.com
If you would like to find out more about our POPI & PAIA compliance, please refer to our manual on our website for more information, [CLICK HERE]. Any enquiries about this policy or any other policy can be directed to our information officer or information coordinator and contacted through the details listed above.